Helping Clients Register on Election Day
Clients CAN register to vote on Election Day.
Clients who have not registered by October 27th can still register to vote on Election Day. Here’s what you need to know:
- Registering on Election Day is especially encouraged for clients who do not have a photo ID.
- Election Day Registration may not available at your polling place, but is available at a designated Election Day Registration location in each town, beginning at 6 A.M. and ending at 8 P.M.
- The best time to register to vote on Election Day is between 11 A.M. and 3 P.M. on November 2nd. Registering between 11 A.M. and 3 P.M. is especially advisable as lower expected crowd volumes in the middle of the day will give volunteers more time to assist with any issues your client may experience.
Help Clients Vote by Absentee Ballot
November 1st is the deadline for requesting absentee ballots.
Here is some additional information you need to know if you plan to help clients vote by absentee ballot:
- Only clients who are already registered to vote can apply for absentee ballots.
- Your clients can print out an absentee ballot here. You can distribute absentee ballots to your clients.
- Your clients can mail their ballots at the town hall where they are registered to vote.
- Absentee ballots must be received (not postmarked) by the Town Clerk via mail or deposited in the Drop Box by 8 P.M. on November 2nd.
- Please note that you cannot distribute more than five ballots without registering first with the town clerk where your facility is located (you can find the contact information for town clerks here).
- You can find additional information about voting by Absentee Ballot from the Connecticut Secretary of State here.
Help make sure that every eligible voter is able to vote. If you or one of your clients encounters problems while voting, please call:
- English Language Hotline: 866 OUR VOTE (866 687 8683)
- Spanish Language Hotline: 888–VE–Y–VOTA (888 839 8682)
Connecticut Secretary of The State Homeless Voter Fact Sheet