Development and Communications Assistant / Coordinator
CCEH is seeking a talented, motivated Development and Communications Assistant / Coordinator to assist with the organization’s fundraising and external communications efforts. This position will play a critical role in managing the organization’s internal and external relationships to strengthen and expand our coalition of stakeholders. The successful candidate will oversee efforts to maintain an accurate database of funders, members, training attendees, municipal contacts, and agency contacts in the public and private sector to ensure that CCEH remains the leading coordinating organization for these entities as we advance our mission to end homelessness in Connecticut.
This position will assist the Interim Director of Development in administering the organization’s grants and contracts portfolio to ensure timely completion of deliverables. This position will also work closely with all members of the Development and Communications team, and the CCEH staff at large, to advance our strategic initiates including our municipal campaign to engage all 169 towns to take action to end homelessness, fundraising campaigns such as our annual appeal and “be homeful for the holidays” crowdfunding campaign, and our ongoing advocacy efforts.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional writer and communicator, have a meticulous attention to detail, and will have the organization skills to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and ongoing projects.
- Populate and generate grants lifecycle and deliverable reports.
- Enter and track grant payments, requirements, and deliverables.
- Conduct grants research to identify new opportunities.
- Support grants administration by uploading documentation, doing data research, and entering boilerplate language.
- Assist CCEH staff in entering and updating contact and organization data in CRM.
- Maintain and generate contact list reports when requested by CCEH staff.
- Support month-end reconciliation with the Development and Communications Director and Finance Director, ensuring consistent reporting between our CRM and accounting.
- Support Development and Communications Director and Finance Director with reconciling third-party donation platforms.
Other Administrative Responsibilities.
- Assist with semi-annual direct-mail campaigns.
- In partnership with the Development and Communications Team, assist with our annual crowdfunding be homeful for the holidays campaign.
- In partnership with the Development and Communications Team, assist with our Annual Training Institute.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 2 years related work experience, including project coordination and database experience, preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with non-profit administration required; grant-writing skills and database skills a plus.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills required (fluency in English required; fluency in Spanish preferred).
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required and attention to detail essential.
- Strong communication and prioritization skills with the ability to work strategically in a fast-paced environment needed.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, graphic capabilities, and social media) and capacity to quickly master new technologies required.
- Experience with Constant Contact, Salesforce, and WordPress preferred but not required. Must also have talent in problem-solving and be very proactive and flexible.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor required.
- Valid driver’s license required and daily access to personal vehicle.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
The position is a full-time, 40-hour per week, non-exempt position. Compensation for this position is competitive. Title and compensation are commensurate with experience. This is a temporary position with potential to become permanent while when CCEH hires a permanent CEO and Director of Development and Communications.
- Paid time off.
- Health, Dental and Life insurance.
- Retirement benefits.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume by clicking here. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
CCEH is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. CCEH considers lived experience as a valued source of expertise.